Daniel Jacob Radcliffe (born 23 July, 1989), from Fulham, London, is a British actor who is best known for playing Harry Potter, the main character of the film adaptations of the Harry Potter series.
- Before the Harry Potter films, Daniel starred in David Copperfield as young David Copperfield with Maggie Smith as Betsey Trotwood. It was, after seeing this movie that Chris Columbus discovered the young boy and knew that he would be the perfect Harry.
- Daniel's first kiss was not Harry's kiss with Cho Chang in Order of the Phoenix, but was with Teresa Palmer in the Australian film December Boys, which had been filmed earlier.
- In the "Seven Potters" scene of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Daniel also plays Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Fleur Delacour and Mundungus Fletcher. According to Daniel, the scene took 96 takes to shoot.
- Daniel's character, Harry, has green eyes when in fact Dan has blue eyes. This is due to the fact that Dan cannot stand wearing contact lenses. Ironically, Rupert Grint has green eyes while his character, Ron, has blue eyes.
- Daniel's character in the 2011 film The Woman in Black was played by Adrian Rawlins in the 1989 film The Woman in Black. Rawlins plays his father in the Harry Potter films.
- During the days the early films, both Daniel and Rupert had a crush on Emma Watson, Harry Potter co-star who plays Hermione Granger, and both tried to win her affection. It is unknown whether any of them still harbours the affection today.
- Knows all of the elements in the periodic table and has the ability to sing Tom Lehrer's song, "The Elements".